Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer 09

Ok so it's about time I posted another one. Amber let me know she found my blog...but it had been Christmas since I posted...sorry about that. :) But thanks for looking me up Amber!!




Let's start with Easter. Micah and I colored eggs with dye and rubberbands. Micah also chose to use a crayon and write inappropriate things like "Kill Bunny" on his eggs. Whatever, at least I got him to participate! After church, we invited our cousins Kyle and Bryan, my sister Andy, and KJ to dinner. We had quite a feast. Then I "hid" eggs while everyone was watching TV. Bryan went to town on getting all the eggs, only because I filled them all with candy! Like I said, whatever--at least I got them to participate! :)

Also this spring I was able to attend a few performances that I LOVED!! The first was the Alley II dance performance. If anyone EVER has the opportunity to see them, take it! It was some of the most fabulous dancing I could have ever imagined and so much better! The other concert was the Jon Schmidt pianist. He has some fabulous songs. You can go to his website jonschmidt.com or look up Love Story meets Viva la Vida on youtube. Good stuff!

Micah and I have been busy busy as always. We finished with our final exams for the spring semester at the beginning of May and the next week Micah was working full time and I was back in school. It's been fun though! If all goes well, I'll be graduating in December!


This spring Micah was able to play in a soccer league. It was really fun to watch him. Carissa Butticci from Emmett invited him to be on the team. Also on the team were Ashley (Vogler) Campbell and her husband Jake. He is from Kuna, along with another member of the team--so we had a Treasure Valley supported team for sure!

I am now playing in a tennis league. It's a lot of fun to get out and practice again. I am still rusty. I think I need a few lessons from the most wonderful Pete Peterson from Boise. Oh well, it's not a serious thing, so I'll just have to get along without him.
Micah gave me a wonderful Mother's Day gift. We have a little raised plot in front of our duplex and he pulled out the 3 stumps and weeded and made the dirt soft so I could plant a garden! And then he went shopping with me to get different plants and he helped me plant it! My wonderful mom also gave me some plants and flowers too! It's so lovely and so fun! I hope I don't kill them all...






3 comments:

Sarah and Trent said...

Hey Ericka!! I'm so glad you updated...now we can be blogging buddies!!

Hope you're doing well - you look beautiful as always. :-)

Sarah Chandler Buehler

Ashley and Dave said...

Wow... its a miracle!! :)

sam and kyrsten said...

great update! good luck with your garden! i bet its beautiful! hope everything is going well!