Wednesday, July 15, 2009

1st Anniversary/Grandparents' Homecoming!

Micah and I celebrated our 1st Anniversary June 27th! Micah planned the day and we took me to the Logan temple where we were married to do sealings, and then took me to the Bluebird Restaurant where we'd had our first lunch as husband and wife. It was so wonderful! He then topped the day off with my favorite flowers--a dozen yellow roses! I'm so lucky to be married to him! It's been a great first year!


My grandparents got home from their mission in Vanuatu in the Suva, Fiji mission. Micah and I were able to go home for a week. He worked at my dad's shop in and I stayed with my mom and helped her get ready for the week. We had an Independence Day celebration at our house on Saturday which turned out great! My grandparents got home Wednesday night. We had made their house nice and sparkly for them to come home to. They were happy to be home. They spoke in church on Sunday and we had a big family dinner following.

I also had the opportunity to pick delicious blueberries, raspberries, cherries, and apricots at my Uncle Bryan and Aunt Joanne's farm at the Plaza Fruit Ranch--I highly suggest going out and getting some for yourself!

5 comments:

Micah and Ericka Thayn said...

I forgot to mention--my sister Andrea and I made a quick run to the dollar store to get some exotic Islander items--please notice in the family picture! haha!!

Sarah and Trent said...

Congratulations!! Isn't married life the best?? :-)

Ashley and Dave said...

Ericka! You are on a roll with the whole blogging thing! :)

Congrats on you anniversary!!

Campbell Family said...

It was fun to see you guys on the 4th! How exciting to see your grandparents come home....and love the island accessories!

Amber said...

Happy Anniversary!! What a fun way to celebrate it. You guys look great! Hope you are all well.