Two weekends ago we went home to Emmett and went to the Thayn family doughnut social! It was so fun! The doughnuts were great and being with the family was wonderful! We went on a scavenger hunt, and I'm not going to lie, Dian and I cheated...a lot! Basically anytime we saw a basket with our color in it, we grabbed the clue. So at the end, all the guys in our group had to put them all together to figure out where we had to go to find the last one. But then Dian found it anyway, so we made sure we had the right amount of clues and called it a game! That was fun! That weekend I also went to a Super-Saturday that Megan Garner put on for our ward! It was awesome!! She and her committee did such a good job! I made a Christmas plaque, a family home evening board, magnets, and picture frames! I feel so domestic!
Last weekend we had a scare! Andrea, my sister, and her roommate, Kiley, were in a car accident on Friday. They were passing a semi-truck and were in his blind spot when he pulled out to pass the car in front of him, driving the girls off the road. They rolled across the median, and stopped next to the other side of the interstate near the oncoming traffic. Miraculously, both girls only came out of it with scratches, bruises, and sore bodies. We are so grateful to our Heavenly Father for their safety!
For Halloween, Micah and I dressed up and stayed at home for a while. We watched "The Frighteners." I wanted to stick around for some trick-or-treater's! We had a few and I gave them a ton of candy (I apologize to their mothers!). Then we went to the Institute party for a while. We threw some bean bags, went "fishin", played ping-pong and billiards, decorated some sugar cookies and called it a night! We had fun! Saturday we went to Reeds' Gym and played racketball--Micah beat me mercilessly!! All those years of tennis did not prepare me for what happened in that enclosed room!!! Dangerous sport!
Last night we fed the missionaries. My sister and my friend Bonnie came over. I made chicken fetticcuni alfredo with garlic bread and salad. It turned out pretty good, and I had made a TON!! Unfortunately in the process I spilled sauce all over the stove and burnt 2 pans...I think I'll catch on to this cooking business soon...I hope!
Last night we had the missionaries over for dinner.
Friday Freebie Image: July 24
3 days ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment