Monday, October 6, 2008

October already!

I cannot believe it's October already! Micah and I are having so much fun being married! This last weekend we went on a double date with Jessica Gurney and her new boyfriend Alex Wilson. Jess and I made dinner while the guys were at Priesthood session: lasagna, salad (with fresh garden vegetables thanks to my mom!), fresh green and yellow beans (again, thanks to my mom!), and an apple pie (thanks to Micah's mom for the filling!). The guys came back and we ate dinner (delicious!). Then we went to Deleta for some old-fashioned rollerskating! Dian, I am so glad we didn't work there--I'd probably kill myself! Skating was fun! Micah knocked me down once: I'm not really sure what happened; he came up behind me and I landed on my butt. Alex had the best show. Two kids were racing behind him, and one kid lost control and took him out by the legs and knocked him straight on his butt! It was so great!!! hahahaha!!!! After that, we came back to our place and had the apple pie. Mmmm!!!

The weekend before, we went to Emmett to watch Chelsey (Micah's sister) play soccer for TVCC. They lost, but she played well, and I think they have a good record so far this season. I was trying to watch the game, but I spent most of my time playing with Micah's nieces, Chloe and Amelia. I can't help it--they just sooo cute!!! I love Derrick and Kara's family! We got to see Chelsey's house, it is really nice and everything is newly redone (I'm jealous!)!! My dad went to watch Chelsey's game too. We actually rode over on my dad's motorcycles. It was a nice drive for sure! :) He was able to help with the installation of the dryer and a few other things Chelsey's house.

I've been staying busy with clinicals and care plans for nursing. Micah is busy with school and work and has to fit in time to study hang out with me. Most of our hang out time consists of studying in the same room or when we're eating. Sad...someday it will be better. Actually probably not. Eventually I will be working, Micah will still be going to school, we will have children and before we know it we will be so old and senile we won't know what to do! Ok, so I'm exaggerating, but from what I hear, time doesn't slow down!

My mom has a tradition during conference we color a few pictures for the missionaries in our family and write a little note on them. It's a little strange, but it's always fun. So I printed off some pictures from the Disney website and I colored the princesses and I tried to get Micah to color a Lion King picture. Well it took a lot of coaxing and pleading, and so finally he did. Then to spite me, he made the picture gruesome and depicted Pumba attacking Timon...he's really disturbing! But at least he did it I guess! Anyway, that's about it for us! We are looking forward to the Thayn's Doughnut Social on the 26th I think! And don't forget Dian Savage's birthday and Halloween on the 31st!!

0 comments: